Time is running out to be part of Dommin's next video for the song "Closure" -- the latest track off their debut full length Love is Gone.
The guys aren't just making this video themselves, they're asking fans to be a part of it by submitting photos, video clips and overall any visuals that sum up their idea of "Closure." Explains the band, "We can't tell you the number of letters, emails and conversations that have expressed gratitude for the music and have told us stories of personal hardship and strength. And to commemorate this, we want to shoot a video for 'Closure' that features YOU and your story!
"...We want YOU to SEND US YOUR VIDEOS and PHOTOS! Closure is all about saying 'farewell!' to all the things that bound you. Some of you have said goodbye to addictions, bad habits, unhealthy relationships, girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, heinous memories, grief, sadness and pain. We want to see your videos and photos expressing your 'Closure' to these things. Be as creative as you can be."
Go to www.roadrunnerrecords.com/domminvideocontest
to submit your content. The band will take whatever you can send: cell phone videos, HD videos, photos, animation, etc. A resolution of 720 x 480 is preferred, and the band urges that you please make your videos no longer than 7 seconds. Photos should be limited to 5 total.
THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 10, 2010.
Here are some more ideas:
1. Submit a video of you singing along your favorite lyric from the song "Closure"
2. Take video of you putting out a cigarette or pouring alcohol down the drain
3. Take a video of you holding a sign or piece of paper with the name of the person, addiction, event or thing you are saying goodbye to (FIRST NAMES ONLY PLEASE), perhaps crumbling the paper.
4. Take a video of you slamming your door shut, perhaps with the object of your closure written on paper and pinned to the door you slam shut.
5. Take a series of 5 photos or less showing you saying goodbye to something. Just be sure to NAME YOUR PICTURE FILES CONSECUTIVELY UNDER YOUR NAME (i.e. ambersmith1.jpg, ambersmith2.jpg, ambersmith3.jpg) so that they stay together each time you upload a different photo.
6. Send in a photo of a tattoo that might symbolize your strength over adversity.
7. Submit a video of you waving goodbye or maybe screaming "goodbye!" at the camera.
8. Submit a photo or video of you holding a sign that says "goodbye" in a different language. There is no limit to what you might be able to imagine or put together.
Here are some rules:
1. No photos or videos of people except for yourself. Without their consent we cannot use their image
2. If you are writing a name, please do NOT include anyone's last name.
3. Please DO NO HARM to anyone or anything nor engage in any dangerous behaviors that might endanger anyone or anything when making your video or taking your photos for submission.
4. Please be respectful of others and their property.
5. Only submit ORIGINAL videos. Please do not send in videos or photos that you do not own the rights to.
6. If submitting a video, please keep all videos under 7 seconds. PLEASE NAME YOUR VIDEO FILES WITH YOUR NAME
7. if submitting photos, please limit the number of photos to no more than 5 photos. PLEASE NAME YOUR PICTURE FILES CONSECUTIVELY UNDER YOUR NAME (i.e. ambersmith1.jpg, ambersmith2.jpg, ambersmith3.jpg)