Slipknot is offering a special fan auction package through CharityBuzz to benefit Drop in the Bucket and Metal of Honor. The winning bidders will attend the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival shows in Chicago (July 21), Detroit (July 22), Pittsburgh (July 28) and Connecticut (August 5).
The prize package is an all-day experience, which including getting there before the general public is allowed in, and also consists of:
- All access VIP passes for two people to one of the four previously listed dates on the current Mayhem tour
- The opportunity to stand on stage during Slipknot's performance
- Be a crew member for the day and be a part of the inner workings of production
- Access to soundcheck
- A meet and greet with the road crew and a backstage meet and greet with members of the bands
- Receive a photo with the band and a signed drum head by some of the participating band members
The proceeds from this auction will benefit Drop in the Bucket and Metal of Honor. Drop in the Bucket is a Los Angeles-based charity with field offices in Uganda and South Sudan. Since 2006, Drop has completed more than 160 water and sanitation projects at African schools. They drill wells, but also construct sanitation facilities and develop social programs such as Village Savings and Loan Associations, Girl’s Clubs, Health Clubs, Community Hygiene Promoters, and Community Sanitation Initiatives. Utilizing their "boots on the ground" approach, we employ teams of local field officers and hygiene trainers to engage the communities and help address some of the complex issues associated with the developing world’s water and sanitation crisis.
Metal of Honor is a charity established to build memorials to deceased veterans of military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
On November 30, 2011, Corey Taylor fronted an all-star cover band at a Los Angeles benefit for Drop in the Bucket; here's video of him talking with Anthrax's Scott Ian (who also performed) about the cause.